Monday, October 28, 2013

For my Facebook friends (and everyone else,too)

With great blessings comes great responsibility.
I don't remember if I have already written this phrase that continually pops into my head. On this mission it is super easy to get discouraged with all of the rejection that one faces. But I have been trying so hard to count all of my blessings one by one, like I learned in Primary. I think 80% of the gospel truths that I have in my heart and mind I learned between the ages of 3-11. Hey kids, attend Primary! Anyway, this week was a good one. We are getting to know the area little by little but we are finding the elect. I love the face of the guy who sees the Book of Mormon for the first time, gives me a look of "what are you...crazy?" and when we bear testimony and read him Moroni's promise, he gets all excited and changes his attitude. We had an experience like that this week. We arrived to the gate, because every house in Brazil has a gate, clapped our hands and waited with faith that someone would open the door and gives us just the slightest look. We were passing this house constantly and I was thinking to myself, this is extremely ineffective. We are passing all of these homes just to get to our next appointment that has a high chance of falling through. Why am I not knocking on these doors(clapping my hands super loud when Shakira is playing from the bar right behind us)? So we stopped, turned and clapped. An elderly man left his living room to come out and speak with us. What began as a man saying that he was Catholic and wasn't  interested, turned into a man saying that he would change his mind if the Book of Mormon is true. It was a powerful experience for Elder Pesantes. With a new missionary it a little sad because we are trying our hardest to get to know the area but still we are finding people that are super firm.
BAPTISM!
It was for the Zone leaders but it was one heck of a baptism! As district leader I have the privilege to hold interviews for the candidates that are preparing for baptism. I had the most spiritual experience as I held the baptismal interview for Vinicius. He is 11 years old but he is one diligent seeker. We became friends and shared our testimonies with each other. At first he didn't really want to baptized but through the fasting of the other elders and through all of the prayers that Vinicus and I had we felt the Savior's love so strongly. Vinicius started to cry tears of joy and wanted to baptized. I have never seen another little boy so happy:)
Faith is key here in our area. We have great hope in the people we are finding and teaching. The people of Curitiba are so friendly and kind. I love it here. I couldn't have asked for a better experience in my life. I know that the work that I do is completely for the Lord. I know that He lives and I know that The Book of Mormon is true. Because I read it, thought about it and prayed about it. I was only 13 years old and God showed me with great vigor. I know that those who are reading these blogs and are not members should take a peek at the Book of Mormon. I know that it will change your life for the better if you read and pray about it with real intention. Not just because a scrawny 20 year old bore testimony on the internet....but because God loves you and he wants you the receive his mysteries.
Stay Sweet
Elder Forsyth 
(and here is the p.s. I got from Elder Forsyth explaining the lack of pictures):
this old computer in Brazil erased all my photos on my camera. :( I had a ton of great ones. with awesome videos that I was planning on sending you. AHHHHH. so sad

No comments:

Post a Comment