Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MTC - Week 2




top picture:  Elder Forsyth and Elder Baird, MTC laundry room




HI EVERYONE!!

first off I need to address my mom with some needs of her youngest son (the baby).

Mom:

I need my VANS. really really really bad. I am not used to wearing my pumas all over the place. I feel strange and awkward. preferably my nice once. like the cream colored ones or the navy blue ones. they both have leather on them. that would be fantastic. 
2. i have no idea where my camera charging chord is. I might have left it at home. so if you could mail that to me that would be great.
3. Another cool t-shirt. Basketball is sweaty....sorry but it is true.

This past week has been a constant spiritual high. Reading The Book of Mormon straight through like a book is one of the best things I have ever done in a while. The first time I read it and gained a testimony that it was true I read it straight through and this experience sent me back to when I was 12 years old pouring my soul out to the Lord listening to my mama playing the organ. I haven't finished it yet but I have had several opportunities to pray for a reassurance that it was true. Every time that I did, I felt like like a 12 year old again and that innocent child like spirit I had back then manifested itself to me once again. It is so great to read the Book of Mormon everyday and find so many new things that are so relevant to my life as a missionary. I am in Mosiah right now and every page has red markings with blue underlinings and markings in the margins so that I can remember the feelings that i was feeling at my stay in the MTC! 

So for some reason I am having massive writers block soooo i'll just write about things that have happened.
1. Our district has become a nice unified family. Everyone feels like they are each other's brothers and sisters. As I thought about how amazing that is, that we have only been together for 2 weeks and feel like we would do anything for each other, I decided to pray on why such amazing feelings can bond people who have never seen each other before. The impression that Christ is always a part of our lives just kept repeating in my mind over and over again. I think the reason we feel like we are so connected is because the spiritual bond is created by the Holy Ghost through Jesus Christ. He is literally our Elder brother. Just like how I feel like everyone in my district is my brother and sister. I don't know if that makes any sense but It was kinda a new thought for me. I mean I always knew that Christ was always apart of our lives through the atonement but I never really thought about how he is our Elder brother and influenced others so that we know we are loved constantly. I wish I were a better writer. It is hard to put some things into words. 
                                                      My District

2. I can give a whole lesson on the Restoration of the Church in Portuguese. I have James 1:5 and the first vision all memorized in Portuguese. It is such a beautiful language and I am starting to really feel the spirit in another language which is a really cool feeling. Also watching Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration in Portuguese is an amazing experience. Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God set apart for a great cause. I am so grateful for this church and the happiness it brings me. I have no idea what I would do without the Atonement of Christ. I see it affect every missionary I come in contact with here. 

Seguine Family,

I read all of your letters. I couldn't help myself. They have provided so much comfort and love that has been really needed. I love you guys so much. And credit to you Ed for falling down the bleachers at a march madness game. It truly is a talent. Falling, that is. Prepare for a letter to be coming your way. DALLIN! congrats on committing to BYU! That is so amazing man! I am so proud of you. It will be a great preparation for your mission. I love you man. Continue to be that great guy I know. Cami and Taylor I love you. expect letters. 

If everyone could pray that I would be able to have more focus that would be incredible. I am trying my best but I know that I can do better.

The language is going great and I speak it everyday! I am so grateful for the power of the spirit and the help that it has given me. 

Also EVERYONE try not to email me because I can only check that once every week. so use DEARELDER.COM. you can write a letter to me and the mail staff will print it out and I will get it the exact same day!! Please please please I would love to hear from all of you,.

Love,

Elder Forsyth

p.s. excuse the typos por favor, di nada. I will have more stories next time. It is hard to figure out all that I want to write down. Peace out.

 Elder Berrios and me. He speaks 4 languages. now learning his 5th...portuguese. So by the end of his mission he will have Italian, French, Spanish, English, and Portuguese under his belt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not kidding. You really DO look like BY!! I know he is proud of you!

    ReplyDelete