Monday, January 13, 2014

Rejuvenate your elf.... yourself

Woo! My health is on the upward bend. I am feeling a whole bunch better. In my last email I was feeling the nausea from lunch and a growing headache from a lack of water. I feel so much better now. The word on the street and from Sister Fernandes is that the plumbing system in Curitiba is the best in Brasil. (sidenote: my space bar is putting up a really good fight with my thumb. me desculpe agora.) (editor's note:  I think this is what's going on in the post title) I am feeling super healthy now and I have been watching my diet this past week and my system is feeling much cleaner.
A couple days ago I was feeling super beat. I put my hand on the sidewalk to get a feeling for the heat and it seemed to be radiating. I walked over to a park bench to pull out my scriptures and take a look at what the Lord wanted me to. I felt like I couldn't go much further and opened up to D&C 10, which gives some statements about the health law that the Lord has declared:

4  Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be diligent unto the end.
5 Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.

I was basically being stretched out to my limits and wasn't doing the work very well. I took this as a sign to take a nap. We were super close to home so the walk back wasn't very difficult. I returned back to my childhood memories by taking a great nap and when I woke up I felt rejuvinated. The word rejuvinated has some interesting sub-words. re- to start again. juvin- looks like the word jovem in português, which means young. So I returned back to my childhood memories of feeling young again. :)
I am getting a bunch of e-mails from various people. I feel so lame that I can't respond to every single one because of the lack of time. I apologize. The mountain of e-mails makes me feel pretty special, though. They are great support for the difficult times on the mission. Thank you to all who wrote them! 
The work here in Parigot picked up with Elder Costa's arrival. Our investigators that were a little spiritually weak... this past week they have been fortified with a great deal of spiritual strength. It has been a blessing. It feels good when you work hard and the results come.
I gave a talk last week in sacrament meeting. The scary part was that the assignment was given just an hour before. Improvise a talk in a diferente linguagem. My prayers pleading for the guidance of the spirit were answered. The words that I needed were given to me when I sought earnestly. The talk was morphing constantly with several topics and stupid jokes for the first 5 minutes, but when I started to pray in my heart, the talk morphed into a lecture about our potential. Ether 12:27 was used for sure. The first phrase of Ether 12:27 really catches my eye. As we grow closer to the Savior, we will be able to notice our progress as we recognize our weaknesses. The Lord will manifest them (our weaknesses) so that we can have a constant improvement. If you are quick to abandon your sins it means you are virtuous. If you are slow...well then you a have a little bit more to learn, keep at it. Do not feel embarrassed if you recognize your sins super quick. It means the filter in your spirit is working very well. It detects the dirt with ease.   
Elder Costa is hilarious and is full of missionary spirit which has helped me out a bunch. He has four months on the mission and knows how work well on the street. I have learned so much from him.
Elder Forsyth
p.s. I GOT MY PACKAGES! ALL 3! The one sent in Oct, and the 2 from Nov. AND, I got letters from: Meyers Family, Jex Family, Pierce Family, dear elderx2, Eric and family (Christmas card), Nielson Family (Gentry got married it seems....wow, I remember when I was 9 and he was 10. I look up to Gentry a bunch. What a studmuffin), Olson Family, Stevensen Family, Botts (it was super cool to get many letters from other missionaries!), and Nancy Harris.   

No comments:

Post a Comment