Monday, January 5, 2015

This is where I work

This is where I work

My Zone. Zona Araucára
Man on the street video, answering the question "What is the Book of Mormon?":


I´ll throw in my thoughts about The Book of Mormon.

In my view, I see the Book of Mormon as one of the greatest adventure stories to ever be documented on planet earth, one of the greatest stories of war, fraternal love, and one of the greatest stories of men who devote themselves to the service of God by helping His children. If we study this book we can find that God has so much more in store for us than we can imagine. Like the guy with the mustache said in the above video, I too feel like there are people who don´t understand why they need "more.” My question is, "What if there is "more" and you just are not aware of it yet?". When I say "more" I want you to imagine what is missing in your life. Whether "more" be true love, kindness, humility, or bravery, The Book of Mormon has the divine power to fill up the gap and make you complete if you apply its eternal principles. 

.I know this to be true. I've progressed myself and have helped many people fill their gaps, achieve the "more," and change their lives for the better, all because of this book. 

If I could only give my friends back home just one piece of advice that I have learned from my mission, it would be to read this sacred record. Meditate and think of the message it contains. Apply it. Then ask God if it is true. I know that it's true and I know it is not an ordinary book. Some may say that’s craziness. Some may not understand why I would want my friends to read a small blue book. Some might ask me why I would spend two years of my life in a shirt and tie talking about this. 

Paul explains it well, 
"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God....
...we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:  Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mindof the Lord, that he may instruct him? But wehave the mind of Christ....
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men...  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak thingsof the world to confound the things which are mighty."
(from 1 Corinthians, chapter 2)

My personal knowledge of the Book of Mormon wasn´t proven to me by the words of man, but by the Spirit.  I know the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, seer and revelator, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is guided by the Savior through his modern day prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

Have a good week, everyone! :)
Love,
Elder Forsyth


No comments:

Post a Comment